We are so excited for fall because it means we can make these amazing fall dishes! With great flavors such as apples and pumpkins. We thought we’d share some of our favorite falls recipes with you.
Apple Pie Baked Apples
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 3 Pink Lady Apples
- 1 tbsp. warm water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 tbsp. milk (egg wash)
- Caramel, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375°. Peel and dice one green and one red apple. Slice off tops and using a melon baller, hollow out the remaining apples. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together warm water and cornstarch.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.Add diced apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook until apples are tender, about 5 minutes. Add in cornstarch mixture and cook 5 minutes more.
- Place hollowed out apples in a baking dish and fill with cooked apple mixture.
- On a piece of wax paper, roll out pie dough and cut into 4 circles. Slice each circle into thin strips. Make a lattice top on each apple, trimming any excess.
- Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar. Bake until apples are tender, and crust is golden, 28 to 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel before serving.
We hope you really enjoy this recipe. Let us know what you think in the comments.